Electriq Power has launched its AC-coupled PowerPod 2 residential battery system, after first launching the DC-coupled version late last year. The LFP-based system has three models of usable capacity: 10 kWh, 15 kWh and 20 kWh.
Notable features of the PowerPod 2 AC-Coupled include:
- 7.6 kW of continuous power output
- Outdoor-rated battery (NEMA 3R)
- Integrates with most solar inverters
- Four operating modes: Backup, Time of Use, Self-Supply, and Zero Export
- Resilient communication with PowerPod during power and internet outages via built-in LTE
- Easy installation with guaranteed commissioning via LTE
- Grid services-ready through OpenADR 2.0b certification or Electriq-developed PowerADR protocol
“As we developed the PowerPod 2, we knew that the market was hungry for competitive solutions to Powerwall at the right price. Today we are happy to bring that product to the market,” said Frank Magnotti, CEO of Electriq Power. “Homeowners love the safety and long life of the battery, and installers appreciate the increased power output, ease of installation, and competitive price. The PowerPod 2 AC-Coupled combines the best features our PowerPod systems offering, making it one of the most innovative residential battery storage systems on the market. We are excited to begin the new year with our most comprehensive solution to date.”
Electriq Power is currently accepting preorders for the PowerPod 2 AC-Coupled, with volume deliveries beginning in early March.
News item from Electriq